Monday, September 5, 2011

Woodware Monday...Anything Goes...

A few weeks ago I received an order from twopeas with TONS of 6x6 patterned paper pads.  I've been working hard to use paper from them and even made a point of it by placing the packs right on my workspace...In My FACE, so to speak...Now I think I'll use them and not just keep them on my shelf! 
So I decided to use this pretty paper collection from Sassafras Wee Bundle. It's got some BEAUTIFUL papers in it! I knew I wanted to use the strip of flowery paper and the cross stitch pattern but had no idea how I would incorporate them into a card. SO I spent over an hour twisting, rotating and arranging the paper on my yellow card base before finally deciding on a layout. The tag just happened to be on my desk from another project I was working on (I've got six of these tags made) and I thought it worked PERFECTLY for the sentiment (Salutations) on this card. Breaks up the horizontal "strippyness" of the card, I think. This card measures 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 so it's a bit skinnier than the average A2 card.
 
The tag was painted with layers of teal, opal and crackle paint then doodled with a white paint pen.  Strung the buttons on some hot pink DMC floss and tied it on the front of the card. 

Make sure to stop over to the WoodwareUSA blog for additional inspiration for this "Anything Goes" challenge.  Join the fun by posting your creation on the challenge.  You just may be the lucky one to win NEW stamps!!! 

See you back here Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. Another fabulous creation, the buttons are wonderful. I have to use this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! this tag is awesome! Love it! Olena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pretty Kerry! I love the row of pretty buttons they remind me of 'dolly mixtures'!!

    ReplyDelete