Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pink, Pink, Pink...


I guess you can say that I'm in a PINK groove lately.  Maybe it's because Valentine's day is around the corner and there are stamping challenges up the wazoo that call for pink...Well, whatever the reason, it's ok with me 'cuz I love it.  Today I'm sharing this card I created for Heartfelt Creations weekly blog.  Stop over there to see ALL the designer creations and you might even see a sneaky peek of next month's release...I'm sure you'll drool. 

This card took me forever to make.  Not because it was a lot of work, but because I sat down with absolutely no idea what I was going to do.  I had no color inspiration, no particular stamps in mind, no layout or sketch to draw from...just sat down at my desk, pulled some uninked stamps and got to work.  I started out by stamping the sentiment in red.  I didn't much care for that so I decided to use some brand new uninked stamps using pink...I LOVED how it looked.  It's kinda whispy and soft...So I distressed it a bit to make it a little more whispy. 

After the stamped panel was done and sewn (I love brown thread!), I just started adding more details.  Finally I ended up with this layout and I stuck with it.  Not sure that it's my most favorite layout or card, but oh well, it's done!

This card measures 5.5 inches square
Supplies:

HCPC 3306 Posy Patch Garden Delights
HCPC 3303 Posy Patch Flowers
1364G May Our Father
HCPC 3363 Inspire Me Sentiments
415217 Spellbinders Nestabilities Fancy Tags
Pink Cardstock base (5 ½ x 5 ½)
Kraft Cardstock
White Cardstock
Red Cardstock
Colorbox Chalk Ink: Red, Pink
Ranger Distress Ink: Antique Linen, Vintage Photo
Memento: Tuxedo Black
Ribbon: www.clearbags.com
Half Back Pearls: Recollections
Liquid Pearls: Pearl
Ranger Stickles: Stardust
Brown Thread
RLHS100 Hydra Sponge
ZD20Z Zip Dry Glue
Pop Dots
Please stop by tomorrow to see one of my most favorite creations of the YEAR.  Let me know what you think. 

3 comments:

  1. hi kerry- in response to the comment you left on my blog--oh my goodness you brought back memories! we had 'show-biz' pizza too (in st.louis)--it was my brother's favorite place for birthday parties! i haven't thought of it in years! have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a pretty pink card ! love it !
    greetings, martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card! Great job! Olena

    ReplyDelete