Sunday, December 5, 2010

Carly's Sketch Challenge

I was Facebooking yesterday and saw a Sparklecreations post stating that they were contributing to a challenge by a little girl named Carly who LOVES to sketch.  I hopped over to her sketch blog Sketche's By Carly and fell in love with the sketch so I decided to participate.  I don't participate in too many blog challenges, but this one I had to do.  I LOVE to make sketches myself, but usually make them AFTER I make a card...Wierd, but I just go with the flow when I make cards...Anyway, I'm working on several more cards using this same sketch and will post ALL of them here, on this post as they are finished. 

So here's the first of my collection of cards created and inspired by Carly's Sketch 19:

I initially had the sketch turned as it was, but I wanted the patterned paper and the ribbon to show up more and to create less negative space.  By turning the sketch to the left, I was able to achieve my goal.  I also wanted a little sentiment attached to the front (I usually write on the inside) so adding a tag with the sentiment from Heartfelt Creations stamp set called Cardinal Pine Cone Border Precut Set was the perfect solution.  As you can see, I modified and merged the sentiments to fit my "I'm SINGLE and PROUD OF IT" household...

Copics Used:  E11, E15, E31, E34, E35, E51, E71, B63, B91, B93, B95, B97, BV00, BV31, V09, RV000, R35, YG0000, G000, C-1, Colorless Blender

Isn't this image adorable?  It's one of the newest releases at Heartfelt Creations and I just HAD to have it.  It's called Bear-y Winter Precut Set.  I'm a bear collector, so any time I see some bears, I NEED them!!! I wonder who that little puppy is because he shows up in MANY Heartfelt Creations stamps.  I love him.  Is he really brown?  I don't know but it works well here! 

I received my much anticipated stamp package from Your Next Stamp in the mail this weekend and I just had to use the patterned paper I ordered.  This Midnight Frost Bo Bunny 6x6 mat stack is just fabulous.  The pages include all of my most favorite colors!!!  It looks like it's no longer in stock at YNS, but I found a picture online of the set.  Check it out HERE.  The designs are mini too so they are perfect for cardmakers!!!  Make sure you keep up with this post in the days to come because I'll be posting more cards using this deelish paper! 

*Thanks Carly (and Mom) for creating such AWESOME sketches!  I'm defintely a follower now!!!

3 comments:

  1. OH wow, this is GORGEOUS!! Your image is so CUTE too! And I love your color of ribbon--very pretty =) THanks so much for playing in Carly's sketch challenge this week and for the shout out!!

    Carly's Mom,
    Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerry!:)
    I just adore how the bow ties everything in!

    xxCARLYxx

    ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete