Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Invites Done!


I've been working hard making invitations for 25th wedding anniversary for a family friend. I asked what the wedding colors were and I was told "Burgundy and Mauve". Well, that sounded like an interesting color combo but WHAT DOES Mauve REALLY look like? What shade of burgundy did they envision? I searched my ink and paper collection and found MANY different mauve colors. Wow...Who knew there were so many choices. I don't think Mark and Bev are going to be that picky, but you know me, I want it to be just perfect. I asked for some samples and they couldn't come up with anything so I decided to start with a reddish burgundy and looked for a mauve that fit perfectly. Hopefully, this mauve was close enough. It's not as grayish purple as other mauves and has a hint more red in it which went nicely with the burgundy.
I typed and printed the invites on vellum and stamped the white cardstock behind it to give a muted look to the flowers. There is a bit of "splatter" of mauve on the cardstock istelf too. The border at the top (and back) was created using a Martha Stewart punch. I added a little bit of burgundy ribbon tied to some silver cording (Pulling in a bit of silver to represent the 25th wedding anniversary). After completing the cards, I added the floral/leaf stamping to the envelopes as well.

Hopefully 27 cards will suffice, since I don't have any more of the Bazzill Cardstock. Not sure what the color is either so I'll probably hunt high and low for more. I do have enough vellum invites to make an additional 20 or so. As you can see in the photo, I blurred out some information to maintain their privacy. You get the idea, though.
Stamps: Pretty Posies and So Splattered (The Angel Company)
Palette Ink: Bordeaux, Landscape
Memento Ink: Lulu Lavender (Mauve)
Cardstock: The Paper Company (Burgundy), Bazzill (unknown mauve)
Vellum: Recollections (from Michael's)
Ribbon: Offray silver cording and Purple Wine
I'll be back sometime later this evening. I'm working on some additional things with my newest Stamps of Life set that arrived the other day. It's really getting me in the mood for a BEACH trip!
Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment