Saturday, July 18, 2009

SOL Success!

Back to school? Naahhh...Just thought I'd make a card to send virtually to all my students. I am so proud of them. Almost my whole class passed (all but 2) their state testing in Math, Science, Social Studies and Reading. Many of my students even performed at advanced proficiency! I'm so happy for them. They worked hard all year!!! I made this card in my school colors GO WILDCATS!

I wasn't initially going to use this patterned paper but after searching high and low through my MASSIVE stack of 12x12 cardstock (sure it's old and outdated) I decided to use some of this neglected paper and not go out shopping for some NEW paper. I have to somehow get rid of all the paper I have and STOP buying new stuff every time I want to make something. Anyway, I'm done ranting and raving...Now back to the details... This little lady is so cute isn't she? Her name is called TILDA WITH SLATE and she's from the School and Travel collection. I knew for sure that I had to have her in my school collection after all, a teacher HAS to have some school stamps she can use at home right?

I colored some of her hair and the slate she is holding with a black multiliner. HI is written with my Inksentials pen. After she was colored, I decided I needed to make her have a BIG blackboard too so I created her background using RAVEN Bazzill and stamped it with a retired TAC set in my school stamp collection. I used White Staz-On for the "chalk" sentiment.

Here are the details for the card:
Stamps: Magnolia, TAC
Inks: Memento, Staz-On White, White acrylic paint (for the dots on scalloped circle), White Inksentials Opaque pen
Patterned Paper: I think it's Laura Ashley (from WAAAAY Back) there are no mfg. marks.
Cardstock: The Paper Company, Bazzill
Brads: Making Memories
Flowers: Kaiser, Prima
Ribbon: Velvet: Joanne's, Michael's, and part of a paper bag dry brushed with white paint
Other: Crystal Effects (Her shoes are "patent leather" and her eyes sparkle too!), pop dots, Nestabilities, Cuttlebug

Copics Used:
Skin:E000, E02, YR00
Hair: N0, N2, N4, Multiliner .35
Clothes: B24, B91, BV13, Y21, YR31

I've got three more layouts to do for three images I've colored...Just gotta go through my stash and get them together...Hopefully tomorrow.

Have a great SUNDAY!

2 comments:

  1. Great card ! Love the way you make blackboard for the sentece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card for your students. I hope your other layouts don't include the image I am sending in your card kit :)

    ReplyDelete