Thursday, March 16, 2017

My Redeemer...

Hello there inky friends!  Today I'm joining my fellow Joy Clair DT for fellowship and worship. We're sharing our inspiring creations from the stamp set My Redeemer.  

This hop has a TWIST!  In order to be considered for the $25 Prize drawing, here's what you have to do:

1.  Visit EACH blog.  
2.  Find a KEYWORD on each blog that will help you build a sentence.  
3.  Send me your sentence "guess"(Click on my profile "StampingbugKerry" near the comments section and send email)
(Do NOT POST this sentence OR MY KEYWORD in the comments!)
4.  Leave a comment about my project on this post.  

Here's the blogroll to help you along the way!  

Kerry Urbatch- That's ME!

As with most of the Color By Faith collection, the sentiments draw me in.  I specifically make connections to them that relate to scripture, musical praise and worship sessions.  This set is not an exception.  When I received this set, music filled my heart...My Redeemer...Yes, it sang in my heart and the words echoed loudly.  I immediately headed to my computer so that I could get started creating.

Yes, I headed to my computer.  You see, I often create my bible journaling pages/work while listening to sermons and songs of praise.  For this particular worship session, I chose to re-read through Job, find particular scripture that spoke to me and then played Nicole C. Mullen's beautiful music on Youtube.  I played it over and over again as I worked through this piece.

Take a listen, it's one you won't forget and I'm sure, you'll soon be singing right along with her!
My worship session resulted in one of my most precious creations...and HIS hands guided every stroke and decision.
I call this little acetate sheet a "Reminder Page".  It is removeable and can be placed as a marker on any page spread I create in the future.  It's a reminder that YES, indeed, My Redeemer Lives.  I owe everything to Him!  
After journaling over and over the edge of this page as I was reading and listening to this Nicole sing, I scribbled my thoughts and prayers over and over the page.  When I was done, I watercolored some of the page (and particularly highlighted Job 19:23-29).  I stamped the hallelujah script image onto the page using clear embossing ink then applied some silver embossing powder.  
After creating the journaled portion, I cut some sun rays out of yellow cardstock then re-wrote the song on each ray of light.  
I then dripped some Pinata inks onto a sheet of acetate cut to size.  I spritzed it with alcohol and let it drip and bleed.  I sprinkled a bit of gold embossing powder in the ink before drying everything with the heat gun.  I love how the ink blended and also love that the acetate warped a bit from the heat. PERFECTLY PERFECT!  
After that, adhered the rays to the acetate with some clear glaze medium so they reached across and over the edge of the page. 

I stamped the cross and the doves, colored them with watercolor pencils then cut them out.  They were applied to the panel.
Now you might be wondering what the back-side of this acetate looks like.  Well, it's colorful, has some stripes, foam squares blobs of adhesive and even an oops on one of the rays...but... It is a reminder that everything HE creates has beauty and purpose..."Turn" your heart to God and he will show you the beauty of his love!

Thank you for stopping by to share in worship and praise with me and my fellow JC DT.  I hope you find time to immerse yourself in His word.  Whether it be through journaling, bible art, music, sermons or fellowship, SOMEONE'S sure to be drawn to His light!    

25 comments:

  1. Kerry this is such an awesome project and will be used often I am sure! I love the colors and the fact that you used acetate to preserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lori. This page has traveled from verse to verse in my bible so far and I love opening it up to find its reminders again and again. :)

      Delete
  2. So gorgeous and creative!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsay. I love creating unique projects. :)

      Delete
  3. Nice Kerry! Love the song and your design in your bible journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite songs! It gives me goosebumps every time that I hear it! I love everything about the page you made from this song! It is glorious!!!!! Thanks for sharing! I am hoping to win the stamp set for Bible journaling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comment Holly. I so love this song- and her rendition so it was a joy to create this page-marker right along with it!

      Delete
  5. Kerry... that is super artsy journaling page. I love how you create the background acetate plastic and your journaling strips are very creative. Thank you for sharing the tips and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen. It was such a journey making this fun page. I love how it turned out too. :)

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful piece and song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Lucy. I appreciate your sweet comment! :) Enjoy the rest of the hop!

      Delete
  7. So colorful and creative! (Please don't respond to this comment if it goes to my email inbox. I don't like comments filling up my inbox - :) thanks.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, Kerry. Beautiful idea; I love the acetate sheet. That is super! I agree, the sentiments are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Melissa! I loved playing with acetate in my bible! :)

      Delete
  9. Thanks for sharing the song and your beautiful art. Great idea putting this in acetate to be able to move it through your Bible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty! It was the first time I've used acetate for a bible piece- but I love how it is see-through and it can be relocated when I want to save a page for later! :)

      Delete
  10. Thanks for sharing this song and love that this Reminder Page is removable--beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sue! I really wanted something that could be useful and could move around while I study my bible! :)

      Delete
  11. Love, Love your beautiful art. Thanks so much for sharing the process information. This is one I will definitely try to create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you McStamper. It's so fun to use acetate and alcohol inks to create some fun artsy-drippy pages! I was in inky heaven! :)

      Delete
  12. Very pretty! Love the acetate idea!

    ReplyDelete