Sunday, November 13, 2016

Sunday Sip and Share...Holiday Moose

Hey there fellow coffee/tea/hot chocolate lovers!  I'm back with an adorable card for my weekly Sunday Sip and Share installment over at CoffeeLovingCardmakers.com.  I had so much fun with this card...The coloring was a blast!
 A few weeks ago I took a virtual trip to the Whimsy Stamps store to check out their fab sale.  I was planning on getting a few coffee loving stamps for my collection...Well...Wouldn't you know it?!  I got distracted by all the new holiday stamps in the shop and just had to pick up a few!  This adorable moos was one I HAD to have because, well, I'm in love with the artist!

You see, I'm a cookier.  Yep, I decorate cookies.  And every well versed cookie decorator would recognize this image style!  It's none other than a favorite artist in the cookie digi-art world:  Drawn With Character.  I've purchased quite a few of her adorable character images from her Etsy site specifically for decorating cookies (I use a Kopycake).  Well, when I saw this stamp "Holiday Moose", I immediately recognized the artist's style and was thrilled to see her playful images in stamp form!  I've been hoping the artist would launch some stamps with her images and I was just flipping out that I can purchase her work in stamp form from Whimsy Stamps!!!  WAHOOO!!!

And look at that cup!  Such a yummy cup and a big old pile of whipped cream!  Nothing spilled either!  ha ha.  I also added some hits of Journey Glaze on the cup, his boots and on the Christmas Lights.  Gotta have that gloss!

Isn't this moose image one of the most adorable moose you have ever seen?  Yeah, I had to get it!  I tweaked it a bit to make him "coffee-loving" by removing his teetering present and exchanging it for a hand-doodled hot chocolate/latte mug.  I tried to match Krista's sketchy style in doodling a cup that was just as whimsical and delish as the Moose).  I also doodled some more "snow" and wrapped it like a belly band around the bottom of the card.  It is just dimensional enough to create a little ring of snow under his feet.

I had so much fun coloring the image with my Copic Markers.  I fussy cut the little guy and popped him up onto some white cardstock that was colored a bit with light blue Pan Pastel (from FSJ Special Confectionary Days Collection).  The corrugated paper, Huckleberry Fusion card base and the Candy Apple Red ribbon are from Fun Stampers Journey.

Just a close up of his fur and those adorable boots!  I wish I would have added some gray to the bottoms of his boots- that would fix a bit of the bleed.  Oh well!  Now if you're interested in the Copic Colors I used, you can check out the photo below (also see the dimension of the card).  When I color, I don't really plan which colors to use.  I just keep coloring and picking and coloring and picking until I feel the image is complete!
PS...Photo tip:  Tapioca Pearls make great Moose Snowballs!  :)

Thanks for stopping by!  I have quite a few more adorable images to play with this holiday season and can't wait to share them with the world!

So, after I finished creating this card, I set out to whip up a matching sketch!  Check it out:
Wanna play along with the sketch challenge?  Join us each week by posting your creation in our linky collection.  When sharing to social media, please include the hashtag #clcsipandshare so that it can be found easily!  :)  Have fun!  

4 comments:

  1. Love that card ! Someday I must learn this too

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Kerry! I always love your added touches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE! I love the way you colored it!

    ReplyDelete