Monday, October 5, 2015

Courage... Hope You Can Cling To

 Hey stamping friends,

This month I'm joining my fellow stampers at Splitcoaststampers for the Hope You Can Cling To card drive for cancer patients and their families/caregivers.  Every day this month a new challenge is posted and I'm trying my best to complete as many as I can.  Some of my creations will be posted here and some will be posted on my Fun Stampers Journey blog that you can find HERE.

Today's challenge comes from Paula and she suggested using an UNCOLORED image on your card.  I decided to pull an old favorite background image that I stamped onto plain white cardstock.  This image is one of my favorites from BLineDesigns and it works well when I want to make nautical or "destination" cards.  I paired this image with another favorite set from Sweet Stamp Shop.  It's no longer available but it's PERFECT for this theme and my background!
As you can see in the close-up, I opted to add a pop of color around the sentiment by adding starfish and the little sanddollar image.  I used a few Copic colors, some thread colored to match the starfish and some sparkle.  I also added some old drops from my stash.  
Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you enjoy this card and I hope the recipient finds it inspiring and comfort to them.

Please stop back to see additional projects created for this AND other charity events for the month of October.  Please consider joining this great cause.  You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment