Thursday, July 25, 2013

Gelli Gelli Gelli in the house...

Woo Hoo...

I got an 8x10 Gelli Plate a few days ago and pulled it out of the package to play today.  I hunted everywhere for my brayer but I couldn't seem to find it so I just fiddled anyway.  Experimenting with the use of my paint stash, assorted stamps, Stickles sparkles, Copic markers and everyday objects was the task...The challenge was to create a nice background paper that I could then incorporate into a card project or two.
YEEE HAW...It was so fun.  Not as messy as I thought it would be.  I used my paint brushes to spread the paint then figured out that using a simple piece of paper would do a better job at making sure the paint layers were just the right consistency.  I can tell that this Gelli plate is going to be well loved in my craft room.

After about an hour of playing, I ended up with a pretty painted piece of paper (Try saying that three times real fast!) I could use in a few projects... So I decided to do the "Use Your Stash" challenge at SSS.  I pulled some stamps (Sweet Stamp Shop Simple Sentiments and Color Wheel) and some ribbons and got to work...

Challenge Part 1:  Take a photo of your STASH:
Yummy 'eh?  As you can see from the bottom stack of paints...They have NOT been used in a LONG while, so I figured getting a Gelli plate will at least diminish this stash right??? HEE HEE

Anyway...After taking photos of said stash, I picked a few colors to work with:
Not in Picture:  Americana Primary Yellow
Top Section, second row:  Deco Art Crystal Craft Twinkles Glitter Paint
Top Section, bottom row: Delta Ceramcoat Caribbean Blue; Craft Smart Lime Green, Light Orange
I also grabbed some Orange Peel Stickles (just to test it out on the Gelli plate)

OH MY GOODNESS!  HEAVEN.  I'm in heaven...paint, stamps, stickles...WEEEOOOO!

I fiddled and fiddled with paints, glitters and stamps (and a cap from a squirt bottle) and ended up with a yummy piece of patterned paper that I used to create these cards (and a few more to come) that will be mailed to some special friends and family...

Card 1:  Notice the Color Wheel???
Deelish 'eh???
Sparkles!!!
Card 2:  HELLO YOU!  A little goes a long way!  (Cut mosaic squares too!)
A perfect little cheerful hello.  
 MMMM there's that sparkle again!!!
So, there you have it.  My first few pieces from the first piece of Gelli fabulousness coming outta my craft room!!!  Using up my paints, one bottle at a time!  WOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment