Saturday, August 28, 2010

School Treats...

About a week ago, I was at Joanne's and I discovered a whole shoppong cart full of these tiny little empty cardboard boxes. The thread shipment had arrived and they were unpacking and shelving all the tiny bobbins of thread. I thought they would make pervect little treat boxes for my students on the first day of school. I headed over to the cutting counter and asked them if they were going to throw them away. The lady called her manager, who said I could have them! WOOO HOOO!!! SCORE!





I felt kinda wierd digging through that cart. It reminded me of a bag lady or something! Anyway, I selected the good ones out of the cart and hurried home to play. I promised the store a few boxes after I had "fixed them up" so I guess now I have to head back and give them a few. here is one of the boxes I just finished:

Supplies used:

Stamps: Woodware School Tots, Mixed Greetings.

Patterned Paper: The Paper Loft Well Worn Collection

Ink: Memento Black and Ranger Distress Ink: Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo

2 comments:

  1. Such an awesome treat box, Kerry!! I especially love your photo...the composition is great!! Awesome job and an awesome find at Joann's!!

    ReplyDelete