Saturday, August 14, 2010

Is this MANLY enough???

I think I'm not unlike most stampers in the quest to find the perfect MANLY stamp set for my collection. You know, the stamps that you would pull out as your go-to set for a quick masculine birthday card, anniversary card, Valentine's Day card, thank you or just a simple hello- Well, I think I found it!

My card today was created using the WoodwareUSA DIY set. Woodware carries two sets that are similar yet quite different. Looking Good is a masculine clothing stamp set that is on my wish list too. Since I could only choose one to add to my collection for now, I selected the DIY set because it had sentiments I thought would work well for birthdays and Valentine's Day.

I really like the string level too...I'm trying to figure out a way to tur that into a Christmas Tree!!! Yeah, I think I can do it!!! Anyway, I coupled the "BUILDER" set with a "BUILDER" sentiment in the Mixed Greetings set. This set is very versatile and has a variety of fonts and styles which I REALLY LOVE!

This weeks challenge over at WoodwareUSA blog is to create something using the following colors: Red, Teal and Tan (Kraft)

I created this manly card for the challenge as well as a few others too...I just love this color combination!

To create this card, I started by coloring the saw image with my copic markers then moved on to designing the card. I then cut the Bazzill Neighborhood cardstock to become the base of the cardfront. I offset the "Tube Socks" (the school bubbling scan-tron paper) and the "Anthem" (teal dotted stripes) paper to the right. I then punched the graph paper with the Fiskars punch, applied the ribbon with staples and stamped the Mr Fix It sentiment with Memento ink. The "happy" and "birthday" sentiments were stamped on Kraft cardstock then cut apart. I added pop dots to each birthday letter and applied them in a whimsical pattern, then glued the "happy" to the upper left edge. I decided to mount the cardfront on a teal card base to allow more contrast against the brown and tans. Hope you enjoy!

Supplies Used: Memento Ink, Copic Markers, The Paper Company Teal and Kraft Cardstock, Bazzill Neighborhood-Walnut, Cosmo Cricket-Tube Socks, SassafrassLass-Classic Anthem, Adornit-Aged Graph, May Arts Ribbon, Pop Dots, Fiskars Notebook Border Punch

I hope you decided to take part in the color challenge this week and posted your creation to the woodware blog. If not, please consider joining the fun and post a link to your creations here on my blog or on the WoodwareUSA blog. If you are not a follower, I'd love for you to follow me on my fun stamping journey!

On Monday, Bonnie Rose will announce the next challenge, so keep your inky fingers ready for another week of FUN!!!

Ker

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous!!! Love your creations..you totally rocked the color challenge.
    hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry, this is awesome!! All of the elements came together to create this perfect manly card! BRAVO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow gf.. this is awesome, what a great manly set, you are right! Your coloring skills are amazing! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great, masculine card! I really need that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete