Monday, June 22, 2009

I've been busy working on a challenge over at Papercraftplanet and wanted to post my final product here today. I was really excited to see the group Copic Colour Challenge. You can see the link to the blog on my sidebar. WOW! SO fun to have a challenge once a week to use three specific colors. It's neat too because you can use any stamps you want and even if you don't have one of the colors posted, you can improvise. I may not need to do a lot of that since I have quite a big selection, but I know there will be a time when I will! Anyway, here's the card and the colors for this week.

Aren't the colors yummy? They are R85, Y19 and BG05. They scream SUMMER don't you think? I finally got a chance to pull out one of my new TAC sets to play with. Yes, I could have used this little girl long ago but gee, these colors were just screaming her name.

I also used the plaid background stamp by TAC for this card. I stamped it with Versamagic and then sprinkled it with iridescent embossing powder to give it some shimmer.

I think I'll send this card to a friend who moved away because the little girl reminds me of her little daughter, Ella. She's an awesome teacher in South Carolina who won the SC teacher of the year award this year. I miss working with her and just spending some time with her having a beer or a margarita.

I see her posts on facebook all the time and am always jealous that she's having fun with her friends in SC. Boy, I wish I could head down there and join them. Maybe someday. Instead, I just sit in my house and craft, craft, craft.

I wonder what the color challenge will be next week? I'll be offline for two weeks after that as I'll be vacationing in Florida, so I hope it's a combination I really have so I can get right to work. Maybe I'll make two other cards with my own color combos, and get them ready to post while I'm gone...

Gotta go for now, I've gotta go to bed so I can get to my class in the morning!
Ker

3 comments:

  1. That's adorable!! You did a great job of coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry, this card is adorable. Love, love, LOVE the bright colors! So cheerful

    ReplyDelete
  3. great coloring as always Kerry ... I love this!

    ReplyDelete