Saturday, February 7, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Katie!

Wahoo! It's my niece Katie's first birthday today and what a beautiful day to have a party. The sun is out and the weather is in the 60's...I started the morning off by making her a birthday card, shopping for her presents and then headed over to my parents house to CELEBRATE! It was such a fun day. Katie was such a happy baby and so excited about the special goings on. She just loved playing with her mylar balloons too! Since I don't post photos of my family on this blog, I'll have to just show a "cropped" photo that will have to do!
DIG IN KATIE!
Here's Katie's card. I used the only Princess stamp I have in my collection (from a set from TAC). Paper pieced her dress and added color using copics. The PP is also from TAC. I modified her hair a bit too since Katie has LOTS of curly hair!

Here's the inside of the card. I used my cuttlebug and my birthday embossing folder then just cut out the word "Birthday" to use in the sentiment. The "princess" is from OBP and I hand drew the 1 and colored with copics.
My little sis ordered a cake and cupcakes from a friend who does "Ace Of Cakes" type of cakes so I'm I was excited to see how her PRINCESS THEMED cakes turned out. Not exactly as good as "Ace Of Cakes", but still cute!

Here are a few pictures I took. Such a coincidence that the dragons on her cupcakes and cake matched the ones on the invitations I made her (The cake decorator didn't know I made the cards so she didn't have a clue about the dragons!)

Katie had her own personal cake...Her guests got the cupcakes.
Don't they look yummy!? I was good though. I started Nutrisystem a week ago and didn't have one. I just had LOTS of virtual licks with my camera LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment