Saturday, October 4, 2008

It's World Card Making Day!

Are you ready for some fun challenges? Woo Hoo! I'm excited to share some great news with you today...Drumroll Please.... .... ...I'm a Certified COPIC Instructor! This past Tuesday (and just in time for World Card Making Day, I must add), Laura Fulcher and I drove ALL the way down to Charleston, SC to get certified. Yep...That was *8* LONG and TIRING hours in the car...one way...Boy am I pooped this weekend, but not too tired to host a challenge! I'm celebrating my new CERTIFICATION and WCMD with a special blog challenge.

One of my favorite techniques learned in the Copic Certification Class was called "Pushing Colors". You can learn more about this technique by visiting Marianne Walker's I LIKE MARKERS blog. If you have never had a chance to meet her, she's too funny and an amazing artist. I particularly loved oohing and aahing over her anime and illustrations and her use of this technique on their clothing, body parts and for scenery. Here's one of her illustrations that show a great dotty effect using this technique:
Notice how Marianne pushed the green away using the colorless blender?
WOWSERS HUH!?!
Anyway...back to the challenge. After reading about "Pushing Colors", pull out those COPICS and give it a try! Incorporate bricks, rocks, swirls, etc. using this technique and post it on your blog and/or at splitcoaststampers. Make sure you add the title: I'm COPIC CRAZY! to your post. MAKE A COMMENT ON THIS POST AND ADD A LINK TO YOUR CREATION! You can use this technique on any onther WCMD challenge project, so it's not just limited to my challenge!
Here's a little step-by-step demo of a new OBP baby onesie I did using this technique...Just a little more inspiration to get you started.
On Monday, I'll pick one lucky winner who will receive a special prize from ODD BIRD PLANET and I'll throw in a special COPIC TREAT TOO!
***Each participant in any of the Odd Bird Planet challenges will be entered into a grand prize drawing:
o One winner will receive a $100 OBP shopping spree
o One winner will receive one Lime Tart kit
o One winner will receive all of the stamps in the October Special Deal
SOOOO....ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLENGE???

PS...Can't get enough challenges? Take a peek at all the challenges of my fellow design team members at Odd Bird Planet...Participate in another challenge...You just might win a prize!

PSS...I'll be posting my example on my HEADER and within this text so keep your eyes peeled!
Kerry

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kerry!
    I am so glad to finally understand what the blender pen is for! I have been coloring away, but I'm not sure I will actually have a finished card before your challenge ends.

    Again, glad you made it home safely! I know you are tired from that trip.
    take care,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this is what you have in mind http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1079145?cat=500&ppuser=12633

    It's not a large amount use of Copics but I did push the green in pants & some on the pumpkins. Congrats on being certified!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Kerry:)
    I'm a beginner Copic User but I'm being Copic Crazy day by day(LOL)!

    Here is mine:

    http://rinastampa53.blogspot.com/2008/10/wcmd-2008im-copic-crazy.html

    ReplyDelete