Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Just doing a few layouts and MORE cards...

Yes, A bit of a change for most to see this on my blog, but I DO love to scrapbook too...Of course, since I'm a stamper, I have to add some stamping to most of my creations. My neice Megan is featured on this 81/2x 11 layout. She loves to dance! These pictures were taken the day of her first dance recital and she was just a ham! I was finishing up a roll of B&W film at the time (manual EOS Rebel) and decided to take a few candid shots of her at the kitchen table. I had lots of fun creating this layout with most everything I love...Primas, Brads, RIBBON, patterned paper and of course, Acrylic PAINT!!! I used some old geometric acrylic stamps by River City Rubber Works on the background.

The next layout features both my neices Megan and Haily spending some fun time on Grandpas big boat. The girls love to have grandpa take the boat out to a secluded area on the Chesapeake, drop anchor and just hang out by the beach. They love to play on the big inner tubes and swim. I tried to mimic the design of Haily's bikini by hand making a replica of the flower on her top. I used watercolors on canson paper then I cut out a black piece to overlay the flower. I added some red and black velvet ribbon to also mimic the stripe on the edge of her suit. I kept the journaling to a minimum so I could have total focus to their adorable expressions. I used pop dots to have a varitey of layers with the photos...

I've got several more 12x12 layouts to post but can't post them just yet. They are TOP SECRET right now. I hadn't been able to scan them until recently. I just found a great trial to a software program that perfectly and easliy "stitches" my scanned parts together. If you are interested in trying out this software...It retails for 39.99... post a response here.

I also worked on a color challenge over at Paper Angels. I had to use all the colors you see in my cardstock when creating my card. I did two cards, one I'm sending to a contest so I'll have to post a picture of it later, the other I can post here.

9 comments:

  1. Both your nieces are so adorable. I didnt realize you scrapbooked too. Im going to look fwd to seeing more of your pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there,

    Cute scrapbook pages! Megan said "SHE PUT MY PICTURE ON THE INTERNET?......COOL". I look forward to seeing more too. See you soon. K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kerry,
    I have nominated you to be a Rocking Girl bloger. Just go on my blog to see the details! http://pescbrico.blogspot.com/
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW- I really love your scrap booking pages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK.......your nieces are a crack-up! I wonder where they get that from? LOL! I've tagged you as a "Thinking Blogger" on my blog!!! Tag! You're it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the card are so pretty!!!
    like it so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yoohoo... where are you?

    ReplyDelete