Thursday, November 15, 2018

SNOW DAY! Gnome for the Holidays

Hello there inky friends!  I'm excited to be sharing my first SNOW DAY CARD today!  WAHOO!!!  While it sleets and rains outside (and ice piles up all over), I'm toasty warm inside sipping my coffee, cleaning, making soup and...creating a few crafty cards.  Yes, I'm also still in my jammies! WAHOO!  I love days like this!  

I created this card that features the most adorable gnome set from TCP called Gnome For the Holidays.  I inked up the images with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored them with Copics.  I also did a little dotty-doo on the base panel and spritzed it with some Snow Shimmerz Spray to give it some shimmery shine.  I added some Pearl Nuvo Drops and some no-hole sequins to add to the layering.  

Taking a little liberty with the images,  I doodled up a string of lights on the tree as well as a nice pile of snow for them to play on finished off this fun and playful card.  I used a Staedtler .01 Black pigment ink for my doodle marks.  
A few dots of the white Gelli Roll Pen helped give their snowy outfits just the adorable vibe it needed. 
Fussy cutting these images is quite relaxing and I love to pop them up to let the lighting and shadows just play off of the page.  :)

Happy Snow Day! 

2 comments: