Tuesday, October 2, 2018

TCP Tuesday! Challenge #351: Holidays



Hello there inky friends!  I'm joining in on the TCP Tuesday Challenge this month with a pretty little card featuring some new stamps, dies and sequins from TCP.  This month's theme is all about the holidays...ANY HOLIDAY!  I selected Christmas. I love winter and spending time getting cozy with a warm cuppa coffee/cocoa and stamping away.  How about you?  If you would like to play along with our challenge, make sure to create a festive card (TCP stamps are not required but encouraged) and link it to our inlinkz on the blog.   We will select a winner at the end of the month and will announce the winner the day our next challenge launches.  Post your creation because you just might be the lucky winner of the $50 TCP Cat Cash voucher! 
My card features the new stamp set "Christmas Seals" and the Die "Round Tree".  I also used some fun no-hole iridescent sequins available in the shop.  These sequins are a mix of small, medium, large hexie sequins- perfect for embellies and shakers.  
To begin my card creation, I repeatedly stamped the sentiment seal on blue cardstock using white pigment ink and my Misti.  After this panel was finished,  I wrapped some rich blue ribbon with gold sparkle around this panel and mounted the panel onto a white card base.  I wanted this card to have an elegant flair so I diecut the trees using some glittery gold cardstock and mounted that onto a white circle panel cut from the same die.  I trimmed the gold really tightly around the outside edge so that some of the white circle could create a border.  This also helped me tie in the white in the background paper. The little sequins were given a light dollop of Ivory Seashell Nuvo drops so they would adhere to the paper and act as little pearls on top.  
So now I have a fancy-schmancy Christmas card for my card stash!  WOOP WOOP!  I hope you were inspired by my creation and I can't wait to see what you're inspired to create.  This theme is WIDE OPEN for interpretation so get that holiday spirit going!  

No comments:

Post a Comment