Friday, October 19, 2018

Joy Clair meets Therm-O-Web...

Hello there Joy Clair friends!  It's Kerry here and I'm here to share some yummy cards created with Joy Clair stamps and Therm-O-Web products.
This was my first opportunity to play with Therm-O-Web foil and I wanted to play and explore with it.  I didn't want to use the most usual stenciling and plain image transfer-and wanted to stretch my exploration a bit more beyond the traditional applications.  Through my exploration, I discovered my favorite foiling technique...I'm not sure it's a well known technique, but it's one I loved to use.  
To create my first card (Donuts anyone?), I applied some DecoFoil Transfer Gel to the Sprinkled with Love donut stamp and stamped all over some paper.  After I let the paper dry, I foiled the image as normal in my cheap Scotch laminator.  After I peeled off the foil, I set that page aside and took another piece of cardstock.  I brushed some Transfer Gel onto the paper with a paintbrush and then applied the foil that I had previously used.  I ran it through my machine and what came out was a gorgeous brushstroked masterpiece.  I love how the rainbow foil looks distressed and you can still see the donut images.  
Mighty yummy, 'eh?  
Super deeelish!  

My next two cards were created using the traditional stenciling technique.  I used some Transfer Gel, the Abstract Circles Stencil and the New Baby stamp set.  I used my finger to apply the Transfer Gel onto the paper, then ran the paper/foil through my laminator.  After I removed the foil, I added a little sentiment and stamped the cloud/rainbow and then colored it with Copics.  
 Take a close peek at the stencil marks.  Rainbow-licious!
When I created this rainbow panel, I KNEW I had to add a little rainbow stamped image!  The New Baby set worked PERFECTLY!
So that I could make the most of my leftover foil, I brushed some Transfer Gel onto a piece of white cardstock, applied the used stenciled foil and ran it through my laminator.  I LOVE how the brushstrokes show up and the rainbow foil needed absolutely nothing else on the cardfront (I did stamp "Congratulations" on the inside.  :)
 Just look at that rainbow goodness!!  A little tilt back and forth and you can just see it shine!  
Yep!  It needed NOTHING else...I held restraint!  I sure did!  I just added some ribbon, stamped a sentiment on the inside and said THIS IS GORGEOUS! Alrighty, so now I'm in love with rainbow brushstrokes!  Yep, I need to do a bit more shopping at Therm-O-Web too!  

Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope I inspired you to think out of the box!  Have fun and GO WILD!

1 comment:

  1. Love them all but struggling not to add foiling supplies to my already stuffed space.... you're not helping! ;)

    ReplyDelete