Saturday, October 13, 2018

Falling in Love...Joy Clair Leaves and Love...

Hello there inky friends!  Today I'm joining my fellow Joy Clair Designers (Check out the Joy Clair blog for the full feature of projects/links) as we welcome FALL with a big, beautiful blog hop!  We're pulling out all the fun and fabulous fall stamps to ring in my most favorite time of year!  WAHOO!
I'm sharing a fun and whimsical card that features two new stamp sets:  Dwelling Place and Falling Leaves background.  I chose to feature these images with thoughts of fun childhood play...Jumping in the leaves!  

To create my card, I stamped the beautiful background leaves onto a piece of cardstock and cut just the top portion of the background off to use it on my card.  I also used some of the random falling leaves as stand alone images-instead of clustered onto the background.  

The house was stamped and the perfect little sentiment inserted inside- and then I colored the images with Caran de Ache Neocolor 1 wax pastels.  After coloring, I burnished the images with a cloth to blend and remove some of the light waxing.  

I mounted the leafy border on the top with foam squares and then added the house.  To finish off the card, I glued on the little colorful leaves and doodled a border to set the scene into a frame.  I added some tri dot whimsies and some grassy marks here and there for added smiles.  :)
Such a fun and whimsical design for these two images.  LOVE LOVE LOVE!  

PS...Remember...When you purchase any Joy Clair Stamp sets, you receive the digital cut file for FREE!  

Happy Fall, y'all!  Jump right in!

No comments:

Post a Comment