Sunday, August 12, 2018

Sunday Sip...Tealightful...

Hey there coffee/tea/cocoa loving crafters!  It’s Kerry here and I’m back with another Sunday Sip!  This week I was on a RED kick.  Have you ever experienced a “Color Kick” before?  Well, mine usually lasts about a couple weeks and it’s difficult for my brain to grab colors outside of the “Kick zone”.  SOOO…Here ya go.  Two cards on the RED team.  RAH RAH!
I started out inspired by the little poppy-like flowers in the Pinkfresh Studio BIRD WITH FLOWERS set.  Since they were poppies in my mind, I had to color them red.  So, I stamp, stamp, stamped them onto a piece of white cardstock and then colored them (the peeks of white were purposeful) with Copic R14.  After that, I stamped a few cute leaves and colored them with Copic YG06.  I added some shadowing with C-1 and then moved on to stamping the teacup from the Pinkfresh Studio TEALIGHTFUL DAY set (minus the little pattern on the cup) and stamped a few flowers on the teacup.  I also colored them and doodled a bit of a border and some stripes/dots.


I think my mug was inspired by a new mug I recently received in the mail.  It’s a gorgeous HUGE bowl-like mug purchased from Colleen McCall Ceramics (on Instagram HERE) and has a strawberry pattern on the inside.  It’s gorgeous!  I’ll be sharing it on Monday on my Instagram if you care to take a peek!   
To add a bit more whimsy to the card, I stamped the leafy stem on the edge of a green piece of cardstock and then cut it to create a whimsical edge.  I stamped the sentiment from the Tealightful Day Set.
Since I had so much fun and was on a roll, I decided to make another card.  A CAS card and the card that inspires this week’s sketch.  I used the same color theme- but also incorporated some light gray ink for the teacup.   
Since I don’t really have restraint to make a CAS card, I had to add some ribbon and some blingy sequins before attaching the panel to the card base.
I think this is probably a favorite card made this month.  Although it’s simple, I can say that it is perfect for a person who listened to me do a bit of “It’s not fair” whining this weekend.  I thank her for listening and yep, I’ve just gotta suck-it-up Buttercup!  (Hey, wait…Maybe I can make a card for that!) 
I hope you find this sketch inspiring and I encourage you to play along with it!  If you do, just add a link to your card in our inlinkz below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment