Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Revvvv Your Engines...Father's Day Fun!

Hello there card making friends!  It's Kerry here and I'm joining my fellow Joy Clair Design team members as we share some of our fun Father's Day Creations.  We wanted to have a head start on prepping for Father's Day with a brand spankin' new set called Classic Father's Day.   This is such a fun set with two classic roadsters and lots of masculine-fun text sentiments!  I love the flames too!  

My dad loves to watch the Mecum Auto Auctions on TV and has attended one or two in my lifetime but I think if he could, he would attend every event he could possibly attend.  I'm sure he wouldn't mind rolling a few of the beauties onto the auction block too!  This stamp set, made me remember all the times we have watched those auctions, challenging him with our predictions of how high they will sell or if they will meet reserve.  SO fun!  
I stamped the hot rod onto white cardstock using my Misti.  After inking it a few times to get a super crisp impression, I colored the image with my Copic Markers.  I then fussy cut it and applied some Glaze and let it sit to dry while I worked on the other parts of the card.  

I stamped the flames in black (because I wanted to create a bold graphic look and wanted the car to be the show stopper).  using my Misti and then mounted that panel onto some yellow cardstock.  I then flicked some black and red ink onto it to make some splatter.  I mounted this panel "wonky style" onto a red card base using some foam squares.  
To finish the card off, I attached some "checkered flag" ribbon onto the card and then mounted the car onto the stamped panel using foam squares.  AWESOME.  I stamped the sentiment "Happy Father's Day" on the inside of the card.  

I hope you've enjoyed this card creation.  Please stop over and check out the other creations my teamies have shared!  :)

9 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fantastic Father's Day card!!! I love design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flames and how you colored the car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card! Fun, vibrant and fabulous - great design.
    BTW, Love your blog name :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an AWESOME and super cool "guy" card. LOVE the stamps, and really love the card.
    Thanks for the great inspiration.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flames are so cool looking, and the orange/yellow looks fabulous on your card.
    Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s a fantastic card !! It definitely rocks !!
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete