Monday, December 4, 2017

Poinsettia Deeelight!

Hello there Joy Clair friends!  It's Kerry here and I'm back with another festive Christmas Card.  This time I'm featuring the gorgeous new layering set called Christmas Poinsettia.  Did you have a chance to pick it up during the Black Friday sale?  If not, it's ok.  I think there are a few more sets available.  It's such an awesome set!  
To create this card I started off by creating a little color wash.  I rubbed some red ink from Memento onto my Gelli Plate and spritzed some gold and water on it too.  I used my finger to rub it together then plopped the paper right on top.  After that, I dried it with my heat gun.  
Next, I stamped the poinsettia on the paper with some red and burgundy ink (Memento) then added some golden embossed ones over that.  I used my Misti to stamp the sentiment perfectly onto the paper.   
I stamped the extra poinsettia onto the extra inked paper and embossed with gold embossing powder then cut them out so that I could layer them.  It was a quick assembly and then I was able to attach some ribbon to accentuate the design.  I added some bling to the layered poinsettia and added it over the knot on the bow...adding some golden thread too.  
To finish the card off, I stamped some poinsettia images onto the plain card panel then rubbed a bit of gold Pan Pastel over that so that it would show up all pretty and shiny.  Rubbed over that with a tissue to remove any excess pastel and mounted the Christmas panel to this using foam squares.  Such a pretty and elegant outcome!  

2 comments:

  1. Wow ! That’s such a wonderful card ! margessw@icloud.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I loved creating the background and using gold embossing with the rich red! :)

      Delete