Wednesday, November 1, 2017

November Joy Clair Challenge: Stencil It!

Hey there stampers!  Today I'm joining my fellow Joy Clair team members in kicking off the November Challenge on the blog with a fun stenciling challenge.  STENCIL IT!  We welcome you to play along and encourage you to post your creation in our inlinkz for your chance at a $25.00 gift certificate to Joy Clair!!!  Come on, Join the fun!
I totally intended on making this card a FALL card but...it just didn't want to be a fall card.  I think it wanted so much to be a snowy scene...so I just followed along for the ride.  
To create my "starlight scene", I made my own stencil using some punches and a piece of cardstock.  I originally started stenciling with the dauber but found that too annoying so I just inked up my finger and dabbed onto the stars and dots.  It worked much better!
Those itty bitty dots didn't stencil as well as I thought they would and just became some pin prick colors.  I think these dots would have worked a bit better in gold on dark cardstock but oh, well...I just had to keep applying the dots so it would look like I meant to have them all there.  HA HA.  
After doing the stenciling (notice my blue finger dabbed in yellow made an oopsie green star),  I started coloring one of the trees from the Happy Camper set.  I colored/painted it with a combination of Tombow #296, and Memento Cottage Ivy (with water) and Rich Cocoa (with water).  I colored the other two tree trunks and gave a little shadow with the Tombow N95.  I then cut out this tree and the other two trees so that I could figure out a nice arrangement on the card.  
 I figured out a nice arrangement, tied some twine, machine stitched some meandering lines, added some pop dots, laid the trees down, then searched for the perfect sentiment...I found it in the Salt and Light set.  Inked it up with Memento Black and stamped her on.
The stamped image was then splattered with some sparkle silk and pop dots were added to make her float on the card base.  FINITO BANDITO!  Love it!
I hope you enjoyed this creation and remember, if you don't have stencils, make your own!  Easy, peasy!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: