Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Hello Fall!

Hello inky friends!  I'm happy to be back to share a fun fall card using one of the new Joy Clair stamp sets called Fall Leaves.  I love this set because it is a combination of leaves and the "skeleton" veins as well as some gorgeous sentiments. I stamped the leaves directly onto my Gelli Plate and then applied my kraft paper to the plate.  This lifted the leaves and the color off perfectly.  I think it gives a nice image that isn't crisp and clean but rather a bit dreamy.  I added some swipes of color onto the plate too then applied those too.  The Gelli Plate is so fun to use! 
After creating the background, I applied some ink and Gold Pan Pastel to the edges to make it shimmer and shine.  I also added some gloss, let it dry then buffed the gloss over with gold Pan Pastel.
After finishing the background panel, I mounted it onto dark brown cardstock and machine stitched around the border.  I attached some twine and some golden pearls and then finished it off by adding a few stamped, colored and fussy cut leaves. 

Mounting this image onto a bright yellow card base helped set the stage for this gorgeous fall card.  Bring on the cool, crisp air! 

1 comment:

  1. This is an absolutely gorgeous card! Thanks for the ideas for using the gel plate, too.

    ReplyDelete