Sunday, September 10, 2017

Sunday Sip...Fixer Upper!


Hello there coffee loving friends!  It's Kerry here and I'm back with another Sunday Sip and SHare post.  I'm sending HEALING and SAFETY vibes to all those affected by the hurricanes and unfriendly weather/earth events that have been happening.  While watching weather news and live "before the storm" painting events 24-7 this weekend, I realized it wasn't a surprise that my card creations would take a turn towards healing and...coffee...Lots of coffee!  Coffee is a comfort to my heart and bandages, well...they cover the wounds that are inevitably being created right now.  I just want to send good healing vibes and comfort.  

My card incorporates the use of a new coffee-loving sentiment set from Joy Clair called Coffee Quotes.  As a Super Sponsor for the Fall Coffee Lovers Hop, they've got some awesome clear coffee-loving stamps that will surely make their way into your coffee-tea-cocoa loving heart.  I know they have mine!  I'll be sharing a few more cards using this set during the hop so make sure to spy them...You just might win a special treat!
After stamping the sentiment onto white cardstock, I mounted it onto some orange cardstock for contrast then applied some old bandages (real ones) to a white panel.  I machine stitched a border to make it more fun!
After mounting the sentiment onto the bandage panel, I stamped and colored the coffee tumbler with watercolor pencils.  I cut the cup out and added a pop dot to attach it to the sentiment panel.  After that, I attached the bandage panel to some Kraft paper (just paper, not cardstock) and mounted the whole thing onto a white card base.  Easy, peasy and perfect for a friend in need!
Thanks for stopping by to check out my card.  I hope you have a glorious week.  If you're dealing with the aftermath of the storms, know that I continue to pray for you and am here for you...
Love the card?  I think you'll love the sketch too!  Why not give the card sketch a try?!  Play along with the CLCSipandShare sketch challenge and you just might be the monthly winner of a coffee-loving crafty prize!  Just add a link to your creation in the inlinkz below!


No comments:

Post a Comment