Saturday, September 16, 2017

Hoppin' Day 2!

Hello there coffee loving friends!  I'm back with my second creation for the FALL Coffee Lovers Hop.  This time, I'm sharing a scrappy little Christmas card that features the Joy Clair stamp set called Christmas Coffee.  Yes, I KNOW, I KNOW, this is a FALL hop but I have a reason for this card at this time!  LOL.  It is that time of year when I start cranking out millions and millions of Chirstmas Cards.  Yes, while I'm sipping my Pumpkin Spice Latte and dreaming of cool days ahead, I'm prepping my Christmas basket...So that's, ok, right!?!  

This is a fun set that includes two "sweater-like" backgrounds to fill a coffee mug, some holly leaves, coffee beans and a yummy collection of sentiment parts!  Such a great collection that you can mix and match to create an unlimited amount of unique creations.  

To create the colorful panel, I glued a variety of my cardmaking scrappy strips to a piece of cardstock.  It's fun to use these strips to make striped backgrounds!  I stamped the cup and just lightly stamped a few hints of the sweater background just to give the cup a bit of texture.  After that, I watercolored with a mix of colors that are found in the background and then added the holly leaves and coffee bean.  After that, I stamped the sentiment panel and distressed it with some coordinating colors and some golden embossing powder along the edge.  

Did you know that Joy Clair is one of the Super Sponsors of the hop?  They're offering one lucky participant (worldwide) a $25.00 gift card to the shop.  Check out the shop for their complete line of awesome clear stamps and start making your wish list!  You never know, you just might be a lucky winner!!!  
Jut a little twine to hold the cup...
Check out all the coffee-loving stamp sets that Joy Clair offers!  
Which one is YOUR favorite???
Thanks for stopping by and remember to come back tomorrow as I share another coffee-tea-cocoa-loving project with you!  Have fun hopping!  


17 comments:

  1. Fabulous card!! I love the bits of coffee beans and the bow :)


    Thanks for sharing with all of us!!
    ~Shanna
    www.caffeinatedcraftiness.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the non-traditional Christmas colours :) So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerry, love the use of non-traditional colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so bright and beautiful. Thanks for sharing this...so much inspiration!
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth
    I have a stamp set GIVEAWAY on my blog for the Coffee Hop!
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. these colors are fantastic! you rocked it!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this non-traditional Christmas card! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cup is beautiful and what a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that inky goodness on the cup; sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card!
    and so nice colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is some pretty blue inky goodness on that cup. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. good time to start making christmas cards for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kerry, I love the color you chose for the cup. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete