Tuesday, August 1, 2017

This month...Layers, Layers, Layers at Joy Clair!

Hey stamping friends!  It's Kerry here and I'm excited to join the Joy Clair Design Team as we introduce the August Blog Challenge!


This month it's LAYERS LAYERS LAYERS!  Just simply use the challenge photo as inspiration for your project!  We're focusing on Layers, Layers, Layers...So go to town and join the fun!  Make sure to comment on each designers blog post and post your creation too.  One lucky participant will win a $25.00 Gift Certificate to the Joy Clair store (Check it out and make your wish list now!)

I love sunflowers so I just LOVED the inspiration photo.  I decided to use the Wood Background to mimic the lines of the petals in the photo.  I added a bit of browns to the wood to help accentuate the design.  Stamping it onto yellow cardstock helped too  To pull in the creamy yellow in the inspiration photo, I distressed the top edge of the yellow paper with white ink.  That allowed my inks and colored pencils to bleed a bit and really made the card (in my opinion).
Next up was to add the flower.  I used the flower in the Spring Time Flowers set and stamped and colored it twice then cut it out a bit so that I could "shushzzzz" up the petals.  I added a dark brown bling to the center for some added dimension and layering.
Stamping the sentiment from Hello Sentiments in a curved formation gave my inked panel a bit of whimsy and makes me smile.  I just wish I would have used my Misti to stamp it over again.  Oh well, next time!  

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see your creation show up in our inlinkz feed!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I love how you layered that beautiful flower and the wood grain background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete