Friday, August 11, 2017

Joy Clair Blog Hop...Color By Faith

Hello there Joy Clair friends,

Today I'm up on the Joy Clair Blog and am sharing what I created using the Anchor of Hope set. This comes from the Color By Faith Series.   This series is perfect for Bible Journaling, Bible Study, cardmaking and mixed media...Really, anything you're inspired to stamp!

My Bible study this month is on James.  This book is perfectly suited for this stamp set and the other Color By Faith sets being released this month.    James' guidance and direction help encourage standing firm in faith even when it feels like you're overwhelmed with frustration and distress. Always believe...Never have doubt.

As I study these pages, I journal.  I journal my own thoughts and verses that resonate to me.  While journaling this time, I stopped and took a picture.  It's not the finished page, but it shows just enough for you to get the picture, I suppose.  Yes, i decorate.  I try to incorporate the images that seem to fit perfectly for me.  Adding a few clips to help save my place when I close my journal is an added bonus for me.  Sometimes I share these with my friends who are struggling or are in need of encouragement.  I just take them out of my planner and tuck them in with a card that'll be sent to them.
After completing the simple Bible Journaling page, I decorated the planner journaling page.  I used some Quick Quotes Powder Puff inks (they do bleed so be careful when coloring) and watercolored with them.   After doodling a bit and coloring the images, I re-read James.  I reflected on it and selected James 1:6 as the verse for my journaling.  I usually select one or two powerful verses per page.  
I just love how the stamp set works so perfectly for this book!  
 Remember...Always believe!  Let your faith be your anchor. And hope for your soul!  <3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment