Thursday, July 20, 2017

It's Christmas in July at Joy Clair!

WOO HOO!  It's Christmas in July!  It's an entire week of projects and discounts!  You've got that right, discounts!  Join us this week as we celebrate Christmas in July...With Joy Clair Style!  
Hey there inky friends!  This week I'm celebrating Christmas In July at Joy Clair.  All week long the designers at Joy Clair have been sharing some gorgeous Holiday creations and today Steph Ackerman and I are sharing our holiday projects with you!  I'm sharing this fun and festive card using a few NON HOLIDAY stamp sets from the Joy Clair collection.  

Yes, thinking out-of-the-box was the requirement for me this time as I do not have any traditionally Christmas sets from Joy Clair (yet).  SOOO...what was I to do?  Well, I dug through my collection of amazing stamp sets and pulled a few that inspired me to create something Holiday-ish!  Hope you enjoy!  

I selected Doodle Flowers and Hello Sentiments to create this jar of joy card.  I used my colored pencils and watercolors to color the jar and hand write the Joy sentiment.  I also doodled the background frame using a micron pen.  I think it helps contain the jar and helps pop this panel off the page.  
I added a few sprigs from the stamp set, doodled a few red berries and applied some micro glitter to one edge of the jar.  I also wrapped a bit of twine around the neck of the jar to incorporate the ribbon/fiber elements that are consistent in my designs.
Just adding a bit of colored pencil coloring within the doodled lines helped continue the color-theme and connect the border to the jar image.

So...The next time you're thinking of making a holiday card, think OUTSIDE of the box.  Change it up a bit because you don't have to stick to traditional holiday images when making handmade cards!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the rest of Christmas in July!

No comments:

Post a Comment