Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Dad's Day with Joy Clair...

Hello there stamping friends!  Today I'm joining my fellow Joy Clair design teammates in sharing a fun set...All about Dads!
Dad's Day is a fun and punny clear stamp set that will be sure to make you (and your Pops) chuckle. It includes a ribbon, a golfy stamp, a popsicle stamp, a Star Wars stamp, a bomb and a yummy ribbon.

To create a special card for my dad, I selected the ribbon and the bomb.  Take a peek at my creation process.
First I stamped the ribbon two times using my Misti.  I used some daubers to colorize the ribbon. After all was colored, I cut out the ribbons and punched the center of the rosette using a 1 inch circle punch.  I fussy cut the ribbon and assembled the pieces to create a dimensional Dad's ribbon.
After assembling the ribbon, I started working on the background panel.  I added a bit of the same colors using my craft mat and then some splattered color was added with a paint brush.
Here are a few close up shots of the finished card:  So delish!  
I love how the splatter created that awesome background.  The added fringe made it a bit whimsical and added to the dimension and texture I was trying to achieve.  
Deeelllish!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you are enjoying all of the yummy creations the DT has shared today.  We hope you are inspired and if you love the set as much as we do, please show your love by purchasing Dad's Day in the Joy Clair Store!

7 comments:

  1. Love your background you created on this great Father's Day Card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this and awesome tutorial!!! Great idea to use the bomb as the center!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card Kerry....I love how you put the bomb inside the award ribbon. Love the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the distress Oxides coloration for this project!! Great outcome!

    ReplyDelete