Saturday, May 27, 2017

A Sweet Hello...

Well, hello there Joy Clair friends!  It's Kerry here and I'm sharing my most recent card created using the fun and whimsical flower swirl in the new Doodle Flowers set. It pairs well with the new Hello Sentiments set that is absolutely a new staple sentiment set in my collection. I just LOVE them both! 
My Mini Misti comes in handy for creating this quick and easy wreath!  It also helps to add that perfectly inked scripty sentiment!  
The first steps in creating this fun card were to stamp the wreath onto white cardstock and then create the background that would help color the swirly flowers. To create the wreath design, I selected the frond stamp that leans to the left (there is a reverse image that leans to the right also).  I stamped it repeatedly in a circular layout with three different green colored Memento inks. It was important to create some dimension and depth with my little wreath and I could do that by layering the leafy fronds in three different colors.   
I went to town stamping the swirly flower onto the background paper.  I just love this little stamp! After stamping 900,000 flowers (hee hee), I started the process of cutting them out. Each and Every one...without a clue in the world what I'd make with them!
After the 900,000 flowers were cut, I set them aside and grabbed my Misti again. I used it to stamp the "hello" sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Up next was to arrange the flowers on the wreath (I used some foam squares to add dimension) and create the leaves.  I colored some white cardstock using Peeled Paint Distress Oxide Reinker by adding a few drops of ink to the acetate sheet our stamps come sandwiched between then spritzing with water. 
Two little drops of this yummy reinker can produce an amazing background!  
Isn't it yummy?!  When this ink is applied to paper with water, several different colors appear on your paper.  So amazing, really.  
After cutting out the leaves I assembled them into a pleasing layout design. To finish the card off, I doodled a few dotty elements then mounted this panel onto a light blue backing and mounted it onto an A2 card base. Of course, almost all of my creations have some form of ribbon or fiber, I opted for a light and natural colored thread tied into a double bow. YUM! 
I so enjoyed making this card.  It's quite simple and you can whip out quite a few in no time! Thanks so much for popping by to see how I created it!  
So long for now!  :)  Happy crafting!

3 comments: