Sunday, March 5, 2017

Sunday Sip and Share...Seas the Day


Hello there coffee loving friends!  It's Kerry here sharing a whimsical little coffee-loving card for you today! Did you know that mermaids drink coffee?  Yep, they do!  Here's a little lady with her first cup of the day in her favorite shell mug.  I had such a ball creating this little card and I hope you like it too. You can find this stamp set at Joy Clair Stamps.  It's called Seas The Day.


To create this little cutie, I selected some watercolors and some sparkle to give her some pop. Mermaids have to be sparkly to maintain their full effect, right?   I cut one of her braids off so that I would have room for a hand-doodled coffee mug.  After cutting and assembling the mermaid, I rubbed a bit of seafoam green PanPastel over the card base then drew a slight wave pattern with my Zig pen along the card edge.  This allowed me to break up the linear aspect of the card and helped add to the whimsy.  I added a strip of aqua sparkle washi to the inside card flap to add some additional fun!

Her sparkles are sparkly, aren't they!!!  I just LOVE this little girl!  Adding some glossy accents and some sparkle over the water doodles helps add dimension and add fun to the card base.

Just a little doodle here and there because this stamp set just screamed for more.  :)



Sparkle, Sparkle, Sparkle!!!  I love sparkle!
***I'd like to congratulate Wendy for winning the February Sip and Share challenge!  Her creations for the sketches were so deliciously colorful and fun!  Check them out on her blog!  I'll reach out to her to get her mailing information so that her coffee-loving prize can be on the way soon!    

Now let's move on to the newest sketch challenge!  This is the first sketch challenge for the month of March and i hope you find some time to play along with it.  At the end of the month, I'll announce a coffee-loving participant to win a sweet prize.  Make sure to join the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment