Friday, March 24, 2017

Seas the Day...Don't Let Go!

Hello there coffee loving friends!  I'm so excited to share my projects for the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop again this go-round!  I'll be sharing a new creation each and every day on this blog as well as my Fun Stampers Journey Blog.  As a Super Sponsor, I'll be awarding one lucky hopper a special coffee-loving prize on my FSJ page so you'll want to stop over there each and every day to see what I have to share.

Today I'm joining my fellow Joy Clair Design Team sisters in the hop.  Joy Clair is a new Super Sponsor for the Spring CLH and we're excited to share our fun projects with you.  You can visit the Joy Clair blog HERE to see all of the designer entries.  :)
I always love to look at stamp sets in a different way, especially HOW I can incorporate them into a COFFEELICIOUS design.  SOOO...This was a fun adventure for me!  I designed an exclusive Coffee Lovers Blog Hop coordinating OCTOPUS CUP image that I call "Don't Let Go!" It works perfectly with the Joy Clair's Seas the Day set.

In my creation, I am featuring the Joy Clair Seas The Day set (A FAVORITE), the Wood Background and to coffee-ize it, I drew up a fun octopus coffee cup.  This octopus is definitely not ready to let go of his cup any time soon!  Hope you enjoy!
I started out by stamping the wood background onto Kraft card base using some brown ink.  After that, I rubbed a bit of white ink along the edges to "weather" it up a bit.  I stamped the jellyfish and sentiment onto white cardstock then colored them with watercolor pencils.  I stamped the waves in the set with some aqua ink then added a bit of sparkle to it, tore the edges a bit and attached them to the card with glue.  I wanted to create a look similar to washi.  
 Don't you think the wavy stamp works well as a faux washi???
I attached some twine along the top and started coloring my hand drawn image (I digitized it so that I could print it over and over again!  After printing the images and coloring the octopus cup with watercolor markers
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you enjoyed seeing my creation and hope you return again tomorrow for another fun coffee share!  

50 comments:

  1. Awesome card, love your creative design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Octopus in love his cup is sooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo fun! Love the octopus with cup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun, very unique and creative to design an octopus around a cup! Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all things nautical, this is wonderful Kerry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wooow a unique Image
    lovely coffe theme card
    happy Hopping
    hugs from Germany
    Monika (Participant at CLBH card #52)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute and creative idea! I love the octopus wrapped around the coffee cup! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha, love the pun and card! Happy hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! Such adorable card!!! beautiful stamp set!!!
    Thanks for being one of the Super Sponsors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the wood BG with super cute creation! Thanks for being a suoer sponsor!
    Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card design. You always do such wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous! And thank you for sponsoring the Spring Coffee Loving Card Makers Blog Hop. Your support is greatly appreciate by all of us coffee-lovers in the crafting community.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the nautical coffee theme :-) wonderful card, Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  14. How flippin awesome is this? Love, love, love the super fun image! Way to go! It does blend so perfectly with the theme and stamp set....

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun sea themed coffee card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your octopus-held cup is a great idea for "seasing" both the day and the coffee! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fantastic! Love your cup you designed... that's really cool! and love your card! Thanks to Joy Clair for being a sponsor for the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kerry, this is FANTASTIC! You are so very creative. thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, how fun! This is such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I totally love the play on words. What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH! love your underwater card !! Fun design.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous & Fun! Awesome card!!
    Thanks for the inspirations and for being super sponsor!
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous! I love the Coffee Lovers Blog hop I am always so inspired by all of the amazing card and crafting artists. I really love your drawing!

    Have a great day!
    Jessica Lynn
    http://www.jessicalynnoriginal.net

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am loving your ocean & coffee themed cards (i have a weakness for anything that swims it the ocean!!)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Am in love with adorable sea creatures but really love the sentiments!! So clever and awesome cards!!
    Beverly Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just love this card. It is so creative and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. A nice beachy coffee card. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this fun and whimsical card!!! Thank you for sponsoring our hop!

    ReplyDelete
  30. oh wow, great card Kerry, cool play on words

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a cute play on words and interpretation of that.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Having that cup octo-pied is just too funny! Love the faux washi!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for sponsoring the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely & unique card! Thanks so much for sponsoring this Spring CLBH!

    ReplyDelete