Friday, March 17, 2017

April Showers bring...

Hello there Joy Clair Friends!  I'm excited to share a little April Showers with you!  April is my birthday month (I'm a FOOL!) and I really enjoyed playing with this "rainy days" stamp set.  It's always important for me to look on the bright side of things, so when I saw this set, it immediately reminded me of that saying!  Yep, there's always a little sunshine on the other side of a storm!  Look up, and enjoy the raindrops hitting your forehead! 
Stamping the posies with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto white cardstock was the first step in creating this fun and playful background. I also used a bit of light pink to stamp the bubble rings. After stamping, I used my watercolor pencils to add a bit of color to a few of the posies and then started creating a rain splatter effect with my paint brush and some blue watercolor. After that was done it was time to create the dimension...Take a look at those raindrops!  
I just HAD to take some Glossy Accents and apply a "sprinkling" of raindrops in varying sizes on the paper. I also glossed over some of the smaller watercolred droplets. I tried to concentrate the watercolor splatter to the bottom edge of the card to accentuate the "heavy" nature of rain.  
Just look at those yummy raindrops!  MMMMMM...
After the background was done, I moved on to stamping the umbrella and boots. I wanted this image to be the primary focus but I did not want it to jump out a scream "I'm HERE!" Sooo...I kept the color consistent with the background. Watercoloring the umbrella with the blue helped to focus attention to the rain, I think. After watercoloring, I moved on to slicking and sparkling up the umbrella. 
Assembling the card happened quite quickly.  A simple layout so that the focus is totally on the "rain". Perhaps I can add some sunshine on the inside???    
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you're inspired by this creation and remember...There's always some sunshine after the rain.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment