Sunday, December 11, 2016

Sunday Sip and Share...Meaty Greetings!

Hello there Coffee (and tea and cocoa) Loving cardmakers!  I hope you've had a ball hopping along and have been totally inspired by all the yummy creations so far in the Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.  I've been loving seeing the most gorgeous and delicious creations.  I'm excited to see what next week brings with the hop!
Check out the fun-shape card I created for today's Sip and Share!
To create this fun card I used some yummy stamps from Hero Arts (Hipster at Heart You are My Happy, Color Layering Graphic Flowers) .  I turned these fun "jungle" flowers and elements into a christmas tree. Of course, the coffee cup had to be an ornament tucked in there!
And now a little detour...You see, just a week before the hop began, I went on a hunt to find as many tasty coffee items as I could find.
I ended up hitting the motherload at Trader Joe's.  I don't often visit there, but wooeee...I found the good stuff!  I found Coffee, ice cream, tea, chocolate and all the way down on the bottom of the shelf hiding from me I discovered something so intriguing I had to grab it and take it home.

Trader Joe's BBQ Coffee Rub.  YUP, that's right.  I decided last night that I would test this stuff out and Oh.MY. YUM!  It's delish!  It's not Barbecue flavored but does pack a coffee bite (among other yummy flavors).  Wanna see?
Oh how yummy!  I created some yummy Spaghetti and Meatballs with this fabulous rub/spice mixture! To create this delectable dish, I just used some hamburger, chopped red onion, several good shakes of the spice mix, good olive oil and a little salt and pepper. Once the meatballs were done, I added them to some yummy sketti and OH MY...DELISH! 
Ok...back to the card and sketch.  Check out this week's coordinating sketch:  
Now yes, I know it's quite a funky sketch but come on, give it a try!  We'd love to see a few "trees" pop up in the Winter Hop!

16 comments:

  1. Super cute tree. Fun leaves add the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super fun and whimsical card design and I love all the added layers to your card. Now I want BBQ, LOL.. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so fun, seriously.
    Um yes, I'm going to Trader Joe's when my boy comes home next week and we're shopping up a storm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic shaped card and I love all the little touches you added to make it spectacular. And, those meatballs are making me hungry as they look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such amazing card!!!
    And as a good Italian, I love meatballs and yours look like very delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a funky sketch ... and I love it! Your tree is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card with all the delicous details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool card! Love that shape.. so different!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one fun and festive tree card. LOVE all the embellishments on it. BTW... love your sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome Christmas tree with those sweet coffee cup ornaments! I have to ask if the BBQ coffee rub was as good as it sounds?

    ReplyDelete