Sunday, October 16, 2016

Sunday Sip and Share...Danke!

Hello there coffee loving cardmakers!  It's Kerry here and I'm back with another Sunday Sip and Share!  Today I have TWO cards and a sketch for you...SO get ready!  

The first card was created especially for one of my FSJ Coach friends Ruby.  She recently went on her yearly trip to Germany and Austria with her Hubby and I was able to travel there with her via her gorgeous photos of her adventures.  I so wish I can travel back to the land where my family began...and someday, I will.  Until then, I can live vicariously through my friends and family who share their photos and adventures with me.  

I was excited to learn that she thought of me when she was traveling around and even tried hunting for some German sentiment stamps.  She couldn't find them but she did pick up some fun stickers to send my way.  Isn't that sweet???  So...I just got her package in the mail last week and decided to create something fun!  
Of course I have a huge collection of Fun Stampers Journey supplies, so I had to use some of those in this creation.  And since we share a love of FSJ, it was quite appropriate to do so.  For this card,  I tweaked Rita's Freshly Made Sketches #258 sketch just a little and added a yummy Hero Arts mug in the background by using some Turbo Teal ink.  I scribbled some Copic color on the bugs (as I knew they would be covered and blurred with the vellum overlay.  
I know that metallic stickers/sentiments are widely used in European cardmaking and I'm not sure why the style hasn't made it quite that big here in the USA.  I've seen a few (there are a few bible journaling ones with FSJ), but not many!

Since I speak a tiny bit of German, I had fun trying to translate the sentiments.  Luckily for me, they were quite simple and common sentiments so I had no trouble at all.  :)  Wahoo!

Yummy ribbon (Oatmeal Cookie from FSJ) and some jute finished off the sketch.  I want to send a special thank you "Vielen dank!" to my friend Ruby for sending me these stickers.  Watch your mailbox!!!

I'm not done yet...Are you ready for card #2?  This one helped inspire MY sketch...Check it out!
So to create this card full of Metallic GORGEOUSNESS, I brushed some Silver and Gold silk onto some Cocoa Powder cardstock.  After that, I splattered some watered down Butter Cream acrylic paint and the Silks (including Dark Roast) onto the cardstock.  I cut out the brushstroke pattern #1 because I thought it was not "popping" like I wanted it to and #2 Well, frankly, because when in doubt, POP IT OUT!  I love layering!  

I stamped the mason jar from the Hipster at Heart set then cut out the jar (after I colored it with Copics) using Versafine Onyx ink.   I popped it up on the card then added some Journey Glaze to give it some shine.  I stamped the sentiment from the Hero Arts set called You Are My Happy onto Whip Cream cardstock.  A little scrap of Cocoa Powder cardstock was attached to the edge then dipped into Journey Gold Embossing Powder.

I hope you enjoyed my cards today.  I had so much fun playing and creating!  Are you ready to see my sketch for this week?  OK...Please join us in playing with this sketch.  The sketch challenge runs until the end of the month and I have created several sketches thus far.  If you would like to play along, please add your link to our inlinkz below.  When posting to social media, please include the hashtag #clcsipandshare so that we can find it easily!  :)

Have a great week!  I'll be back again next Sunday with more yummy fun!  :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment