Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Yahoooooo!!! It's officially SUMMER!

Yahoo!!! Summer has officially begun for me! Today I finished packing up my classroom (I'll be looping with my third graders next year so I had to pack EVERYTHING.), turned in my keys and badge and checked out for the summer. YAHOOOO!!! What a relief! I'm done, and now I can spend all my summer stamping, crafting and working on my house.

SOOOO...when I came home today I headed straight for my craft room to do a few sketches, try them out and start working on my next "Ready, Set, Sketch" youtube video. Here's one of the cards I worked on today. I used the sketch I created this afternoon and really like how the layout turned out as an actual card. I was happy because sometimes sketches aren't all that great turned into cards. I'll post the sketch tomorrow after I scan it on my computer but in the meantime, Here's the card...
I think I mentioned in one of my last posts that I was attending the Great American Scrapbook Convention in Chantilly last Friday and Saturday. This year was the first year I didn't volunteer, and I participated in a class (A Recipe Book by the Button Farm that I'll post later), a crop (Hi MD friends...I'll try to schedule teaching a Copics Class with your store soon.) and SHOPPED, SHOPPED, SHOPPED. I was impressed this year with the wonderful amount of Rubber Stamp Companies represented. Unlike years of the past where only a few stamping companies were represented, this year there were about 7-8 rubber stamp companies there as well as a shop that was selling COPICS!!! I picked up several sets of stamps and also got more Copics for my huge collection. Anyway, this little lady was found in a set of clear stamps by Woodware Stamps. This company is primarily in the UK but now has distribution rights in the US!!! I was impressed with the quality of these clear stamps and will definitely be buying more!

Here's a close up of my coloring. Sorry, I didn't keep track of the Copics I used. I did use Daisy D paper and DCWV cardstock. You can see that I pulled out my dry Versafine pad too so I could distress it up a bit. The colors were just too crisp for the patterned paper so I distressed it up a bit to work well with the image.

I'm sure I'll be back tomorrow showing more creations from the stuff I got at the convention.

1 comment: