Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day...

There are tons of Earth Day challenges posted all over the place and I decided to take part in the fun. I wanted to start working with pictures I've had sitting in their original packaging for over a year. No better time than today to make something with one special photo...
OK. So here are the details: This 6x6 layout was made especially for Earth Day...Kinda for stampingmathilda's challenge at Paper Craft Planet, but not quite (I think Katie's a natural beauty!) I couldn't find the right plant picture so this one is the one that fit best for me. Stamps, of course Odd Bird Planet: x stitch, dotty tail, and sentiments little princess and just for you with dots...I just broke up the sentiments and stamped only the little and the you...

Used only scraps from my scrap bags, some white acrylic paint, an old flat back pearl from somewhere (I found it in my stash of doo dads) smooshed Prima flowers and some staples...Oh, and a brad that I distressed a bit with my sanding paper.
PS...That's my niece in the photo (Photo taken almost a year ago!) Isn't she adorable?

Here are a few more creations for Earth day...

This one was for a challenge called Save Paper Object: to use only one layer of paper on top of the card base...Earthy huh? I hope it's the 22nd cause I had a little brain toot when I was putting the date on the card! LOL...

Here's another card: This time it's for the RAINBOW challenge...

Hmmm...Wonder if I can crank out some more today....We'll see...

1 comment: